My new car does what?!What do all these new features do? We've explained what all the latest 'bells and whistles' do. And not only what they do, but how they benefit you.
- The Stop/Start engine system was designed to promote fuel efficiency, as well as improve gas mileage.
- It also utilizes an autostop/autostart function which helps to cut down on gas consumption while idling at a stop and/or during deceleration at low speeds (below around 8 kilometres an hour).
- It can help to lower your fuel consumption by 4 to 10% or more during city driving. This saves money and reduces your vehicles environmental impact.
Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist:
- This system finds an appropriate parking spot for your vehicle and then guides you through parallel or perpendicular parking manoeuvers. This makes the parking process hassle free.
- Active park assist is a semi-automatic system as the driver stays in control of the accelerator, gear selector and breaks. The Park Assist System is in control of identifying a proper parking space, providing audible/visual instructions, and controlling the steering wheel.
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)/ Rear Cross Path Detection (RCPD):
- The two systems rely on radar based sensors to help detect other vehicles.
- BSM will alert the driver if another vehicle is traveling into one of the blind spot zones, while RCPD warns the driver if a vehicle is crossing your path while backing up.
Automatic Brights/High Beam:
- Allow for front lights to turn brighter and dim automatically depending on other vehicles and available light on the road.
Adaptive Cruise Control:
- Using radar, adaptive cruise control allows the speed of the vehicle to adapt on the fly and react to traffic.
- After the driver sets the speed, the vehicle will slow down when it enters slower traffic. It will then resume the set speed after traffic subsides.
- It also allows the driver to set a desired following distance. This will automatically adjust vehicle speed based on the vehicle in front.
- If the vehicle in front comes to a complete stop, the adaptive cruise control will cause the drivers vehicle to also come to a complete stop.
- If the vehicle in front stops for longer than 2 seconds, the driver will have to manually speed the vehicle back up and engage the adaptive cruise control system again.
Uconnect:Uconnect is the connectivity features included in newer Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram vehicles. Features such as SiriusXM, SiriusXM Traffic Plus, GPS navigation, Bluetooth, voice command, Siri Eyes Free, Apple CarPlay support, Android Auto Integration, and many more!